Motor Vehicle Safety
Consider the following tips when using your car and parking on Campus
- Park in well lit areas where your car is visible.
- Avoid parking next to trucks and vans.
- Keep all items out of sight, especially valuables and loose change.
- Romove GPS cradles and other signs of valuables in the car, make sure you wipe the suction marks off your windscreen.
- Place GPS units and other valuabes in the boot of your car.
- Keep your car locked at all times.
- Consider a steering lock or alarm system
- Service your car regularly to avoid breakdowns.
- When leaving your car for service, only leave your car key, dont leave house/room keys.
- Get your keys ready as you approach your car.
- When approaching your car check around to see if anyone is loitering in the area.